A Toilet Line Broke and Look What Happened! | Mold Removal Kalispell
Recently we were contacted to assess mold damage in a home here in the valley. The initial cause of the damage was a leaking toilet water supply line. The leak went unattended for months as it was a second home and there were no residents and no caretaker.
The results? The entire home had to be gutted. We removed custom cabinetry, hardwood flooring, radiant heat flooring, built in shelving, drywall, insulation… basically everything. Replacement cost on these items is literally in the tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars range.
So, obviously, the Mold Wranglers are able to easily handle a job of this scope, we do frequently in all parts of Montana as well as Vermont but we also need to point out, that this all could have easily been avoided. All that had to be done was to have someone notice that the line was leaking. Its that simple.
As it was, there was multiple feet of water on the floor throughout the home on two levels for who knows how long! Why was all this demolition necessary? There are people out there that tell you that bleach will just clean that all up. Well, hopefully you realize that that is not true. Treating a mold problem like this with bleach would just end up hiding these issues and being dangerous!
This shows just one area and how much material had to be removed in order to get the place to where it could be rebuilt.
So do yourself a favor in the future, keep an eye on your house! If you’re leaving town for awhile, find a house-sitter or someone to stop in every once in awhile. It will save you a huge headache and a lot of money!