Whitefish Mold Remediation Experts | Why you should NEVER use Bleach!

Whitefish Mold Remediation Experts | Why you should NEVER use Bleach!

“Well I think I’ll just go down there and spray some bleach”

If we’ve heard it once, we’ve heard it too many times, and we’ve heard it way more than once. Why is this a prevalent attitude?

People have been raised to think that bleach is a cure all for cleaning. Unfortunately when it comes to mold, this just isn’t the case. In most instances, bleach will only end up exacerbating the problem.

Bleach is a highly caustic chemical and it even says on the Clorox website that bleach is only appropriate for use on hard, non-porous materials. Wood is NOT a hard, non-porous material… shower tile is, but not wood. So really, the only mold you should be putting bleach on is maybe some mildew growing in your shower.

Bleach is no longer an active chemical that actually will assist in cleaning up mold once its smell has dissipated. This means that all that’s left after that is bleach’s main, inactive ingredient… WATER! So in essence, you just end up watering the mold like its some sort of houseplant! Please people, don’t try to clean up your basement, crawlspace, attic etc with bleach! Please!

Leave a Reply